Within the legal sector time is critical and every minute must be maximised. Solicitors can spend hours every day travelling to meet with clients, signing in and out of prisons etc. which can result in a huge loss of productivity. By utilising video conferencing solutions, you can dramatically increase efficiency and see up to twice as many clients each day!
One common problem facing organisations with their video conferencing solutions, is the inability to integrate with other platforms. That’s why we’ve made sure our solutions can integrate with all major platforms! With Questmark, you also get peace of mind your meetings are as secure as possible. Read more below…
How video conferencing can benefit law firms
- Travel constraints can make meeting face to face with clients challenging and law firms can have clients located all over the country, or even overseas. The signing in and out process is always arduous, sometimes taking hours, combined with the travelling itself can make it almost impossible for solicitors to see more than 2 or 3 clients a day. Video conferencing allows you to hold these meetings remotely over video, reducing the time and money spent travelling, and dramatically improving efficiency. In fact, 94% of people said they felt freer with the implementation of video conferencing, as it allows them to conduct their work from anywhere! (Synkomtech, 2017)
- Over recent years video has improved dramatically. No longer do you have to battle with clunky video and audio, as these days the majority of devices come with HD video and audio. If you take advantage of hardware and endpoints with a cost effective supplier, you can have 1080p full-HD video readily available, without stretching your budget.
- In an industry as busy as the legal sector, finding time to hold meetings with colleagues, or take part in training sessions can be challenging. Video gives your organisation the ability to hold meetings remotely, so whether you’re in the office or on the road, you can still dial into a meeting over all major devices (PC, Mac, Phone, Tablet, Laptop etc.). You also have the ability to share your screen, share documents and notes, or present to each other, allowing you to hold meetings and share knowledge as easily as you could do in person. According to Synkomtech, “87% of professionals say that they feel more connected and engaged with their peers and colleagues, as video conferencing has increased the connectivity to even the most remote areas. “
- Technological interfaces are more user friendly than ever. It’s easy to avoid new technology, worrying that it will be difficult to use or training will take up too much time. Our solutions are kept simple, all you need is an email address and a device with a camera/microphone, then you can connect with people at the push of a button or by clicking on someones name in your directory. With Questmark, you also have our UK support team on hand to answer your call within 3 rings and resolve any issues quickly. Alternatively, we offer a concierge service where our team of professionals are on hand to schedule and setup all of your calls for you, whether they’re with clients or colleagues. We’ll take care of everything, leaving you to focus on your meeting. All you need to do is turn up.
- Security is vital to solicitors, which is why at Questmark we have made sure our solution is as secure as possible. We have various encryption methods and role based authentication to keep your meetings secure. With our ISO 27001 and ISO 9001, combined with various other security measures, enable you to use the solution without thinking about security (View our security policies and procedures here).
- Our services integrate with any standards based video conferencing system, including Skype for Business. The flexibility of our solution has been shown to dramatically increase the availability, productivity and access to your key staff and partners, whilst also leading to a significant reduction in travel costs incurred.
Cartwright King are one of the largest Criminal Defence firms in the UK. With our solution having the ability to integrate with Skype for Business, as well as the end points and systems used by the Prison Service, Court Service, MOD and Cartwright King themselves, their solicitors saved an average of 45 minutes check-in time with each client, whilst also saving hours of travel time and expenses. This allowed all of their fee earners working in their Criminal Defence team the ability to open and close many more matters and cases, in a much shorter space of time than they could previously. You can read more here.
If you’d like any more information on video conferencing, you can speak to one of our experts on 0330 300 0000, email@example.com or fill in the form on our contact us page, and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.